Lough Derg Sub Aqua Club are holding an information evening on September 16th at 8pm in the Nenagh Arts Centre where the public are invited to come and learn about this exciting sport. This night will be followed by Try a Dive nights over the following weeks. Members of the public are invited to come along and try scuba diving in the safe surrounds of Nenagh Swimming Pool. No experience is required and all gear is provided along with qualified instructors to show you how it all works. Lough Derg Sub Aqua Club is affiliated to the Irish Underwater Council which has over 2000 members nationwide.
If you are wondering if scuba diving is something you might like to try, here are 10 reasons why you should.
1. It’s easier than you think. You just need to be able to swim and breath. A qualified instructor will explain everything you need to know and accompany you during your dive.
2. You get to experience what it’s like to be in space. Once you have your underwater buoyancy under control you will experience a feeling of weightlessness similar to being in space.
3. You will enjoy the silence. Above water we are bombarded with sounds and noise. Beneath the surface you will just hear your own breathing. It is incredibly relaxing.
4. You will be introduced to a whole new world of underwater life. The seas are teeming with life of all shapes, sizes and colours.
5. You will meet new people and make new friends. There is a great sense of camaraderie among divers.
6. You get to go for spins on fast boats in some of Ireland’s most scenic locations.
7. Your health will benefit. Both physically and mentally.
8. Scuba Diving is a non competitive sport, done for pure enjoyment and exhilaration.
9. Safety of divers is always the first and foremost consideration.
10. There is always a great sense of adventure when heading out on a dive.
You can find Lough Derg Sub Aqua Club on Facebook
to keep up to date with club activities.
This is the training calendar for snorkelling, scuba and lectures for LDSAC for 2015.
Click on the link below for a PDF of the training schedule
Training schedule LDSAC 2015